Monday, October 24, 2016

Normal



     What is normal? Is anything normal? Is anyone normal? A common question I’ve heard people ask is, “Why be normal?” This query is usually asked because normal sometimes gets a bad rap.
     I think my definition of normal is different from most people’s views of normal because I teach. I interact with all different kinds of people, and, in my opinion, there is no real definition of normal. To me, normal means individuality. Everyone is different, and normal doesn’t have a well-defined meaning for every individual. The societal definition of normal is generally what a majority thinks, but I just don’t think that normal can be confined within any constraints. Whatever I think is normal is normal for me; it is not necessarily normal for anyone else. What does normal mean to you?

No comments: