Sunday, October 23, 2016

Cleaning



     Like most people, I do not enjoy cleaning anything, and like most people, cleaning is a chore that must be done. My least favorite chores are cleaning out the litter boxes, washing the dishes, and all of those general housekeeping duties: washing windows, dusting, vacuuming, etc. My favorite chores are cleaning the computer tower, doing the laundry, and organizing various items.
     I’m a bit of a pack-rat, and my motivation to organize is very low for some items and very high for others. Currently, my garage has become a graveyard for Amazon boxes, so I’ve been slowly, but surely, tearing them up and throwing the pieces into black garbage bags. However, because of a very heavy teaching load this semester, I can only do this task on weekends. It’s not a favorite task, but it does need to be done. A task I enjoy doing is organizing my crafting supplies. A not-so-pleasant chore is re-organizing my living room. I think that if I consider it as a way to organize my crafting supplies, maybe I can convince myself to take on that task and actually get it done.
     Whatever cleaning chore I have to do, I know that I’ll feel better after getting it done. That thought alone may be enough to motivate me to do it. If I add my favorite music to the mix, cleaning may not be as horrible a chore as I think it is.

No comments: