Saturday, October 22, 2016

Coffee & Tea



     I have a friend who cannot live without her coffee. Her favorite is Starbucks, but she’ll drink any available coffee if need be.
     She and I have different coffee habits. I drink one cup of coffee a day; she drinks at least three or four cups a day. I drink cold-brewed coffee; she drinks heat-brewed coffee. I have very little trouble with acid indigestion; I can’t say the same for my friend. Even if I drank more than one cup of cold-brewed coffee a day, I would still have very little acid indigestion because cold-brewed coffee removes at least 66% of the acid that coffee contains. Coffee has a lot of acid in it.
     I can start my day without a cup of coffee; that is, I can putter around a bit before needing that cuppa Joe. My friend needs that morning jolt to start her day, which is extremely early (around 5:30 am); heck, if I got up that early, I’d probably need coffee, too.
     My friend and I also drink tea for various reasons. At night, I drink ginger and lavender tea because it’s soothing, and it keeps me healthy. My friend drinks lavender and chamomile tea to help her fall asleep faster.
     Coffee and tea are two drinks my friend and I enjoy drinking. We just have different tastes when it comes to these beverages.

No comments: