Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Hiding Spaces



     When I was a child, my favorite hiding place in the whole house was under the basement stairs. That little space had a door so that I could have privacy if I needed it. All my toys resided in there. That was the place to squirrel away my thoughts and play with my toys. When I wasn’t hanging out with a friend or two, the place under the stairs was my go-to spot to play with my imaginary friend (hey, I grew up with five brothers, so an imaginary friend was essential to the only girl in the family).
     As I grew older, my hiding places changed. While I was in college, my favorite get-away-from-it-all place was on the banks of a babbling creek in the nearby neighborhood. Now, my hiding place is right here at home. Home is where I can go to get away from it all , , , no matter what IT is.

No comments: